Sunday, November 7, 2010

Two Fun Things This Week


For our Monday family night (Family Home Evening)we talked about service and how we can show love for Christ through serving others. Alan came up with a great idea for our activity. He suggested that we go and serve the elderly lady at the end of our street by raking the leaves in her yard. It was a great learning moment for our children and I can't express my joy when they commented about it later that week.
There is so much joy to be found in service!

Our stake, combined with another stake put on "A Night On Broadway" A Tapestry of Musical Theater for our community. I was able to perform in a group that sang a medley of songs from the Music Man and also sang a solo, "Good Night My Someone". I had forgotten how fun performing on stage can be. It was extremely nostalgic for me!

4 comments:

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

andrea- how fun!! love the story about raking the leaves, your family is so precious! we think of your family often, we sure love you. and we miss you guys! also, i wish i could have been a part of that broadway night, or at least seen it - it sounds like it was so much fun. i'm sure you rocked your songs! xoxo give the kids big hugs for us.

kristib said...

Did it take you back to the cave on Gibraltar and your incredibly impressed audience? :)

Lark said...

Isn't it fun to perform? Its like your 20 and back in college...anyway, I understand exactly how you feel! I bet you were wonderful.

Valerie said...

So glad you got to sing again. You have such a gorgeous voice!

Background 1