Monday, August 31, 2009

Lawn mower

Okay,
I don't have a picture but this has to be said. I never knew that a baby stroller could be used for so many things...one being a lawn mower. We have a little baby stroller that we bought for Grace long ago for her dolls. I think every little girl has had one. Well, it is now the hottest item in the Brown house hold. Many fights have broken out over this stroller. Abbie wants it for her dolls, which makes sense. Grace wants it for her baby dolls also, or pets, or whatever else she can put in it. AND Ashton has chosen to use it as his lawn mower. I swear our grass should be so much shorter with all the mowing he does (at least once a day). He also mows our carpet! He will ask me even if I like how he mowed the carpet and if I like the lawn mower lines. The thing I find the most humorous with this whole experience is that he comes to me during one of his lawn mowing moments and tells me that the lawn mower is not working. He smiles and with an adult matter of fact voice he states,"The lawn mower stopped working. It is over heated and has to take a break." A few minutes later it is back to normal and the lawn mowing can continue. This all stems from Alan's recent lawn mowing experiences with him rushing through our jungle of a lawn and blowing a spark plug. Hope this brings you a chuckle as it has for me.

7 comments:

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

That is hilarious and makes me miss your family like crazy!!! Seriously, a stroller - who knew? How happy we are that you guys are expecting again! That's awesome. Congratulations, and hopefully you're feeling better by now...or not? In any event, it sounds like your household is happily bustling along as usual. Give the kids kisses and high fives for us! xoxo Liz

kristib said...

I love the creativity of kids' imaginations! Our strollers have been lawn mowers as well as vacuums, and the hottest items in our house are the boxes we get at Costco to bring our food home in. They have been used as buses, airplanes, moving vans, you name it. I love it!

Melanie said...

So good to see you today! Love this!

Cher said...

Hilarious. Tell Ashton to keep mowing the "lawn" because some day he really will be.

Stacey said...

That is so funny! We gave Charlotte one of those cheap little strollers for Christmas. That stroller was also the hottest gift, especially among all the boy cousins...

Debbie said...

Time to get that boy a real lawn mower!! I saw your blog linked on Scott and Marielle's. So fun to catch up! I can't believe how big your kids are now! Hello to the fam for me!

Kellianne said...

Awesome! I love kids! You guys are great!

Background 1